Bread Machine Bread
Charlie uses this recipe for making bread machine bread.
It is quite good. (However, we don't make bread machine bread any more
since Charlie discovered the
New York Times bread recipe.)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 T. butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cup flour (can be all whole wheat or mixture)
- 1 pkg yeast
- 1 t. salt
- 1-1/2 T. vital wheat gluten
- Put first 5 ingredients (wet ones) in bread machine -- they should be at about 80 degrees.
- Add last 3 ingredients (dry ones).
- Start machine -- use whole wheat cycle if using whole wheat.
Wynette's Home Page