Blue Corn Muffins
These are quick and easy to make. Makes about 12 muffins.
- 1 cup corn meal (yellow or blue)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 3/8 c. honey
- 1 beaten egg
- 1-1/2 c. milk (or, highly recommended, substitute half or more of
the milk with yoghurt)
- Prepare muffin tin. I like to use paper liners. Or you can oil each cup.
- Stir together dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat together wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold wet and dry together quickly, just till moistened.
- Fill muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 19 minutes (approx. 13 minutes
convection oven). Be careful not to overbake or they will be dry.
They are done when toothpick comes out clean and they are very
slightly brown on top. (If you use blue corn, they won't look
Wynette's Home Page