Mom's Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Mom made these for us Christmas day, 2021. They are so good. Here's how she makes them. Very easy.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 T oil
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 14 oz diced roasted green chiles (adjust according to taste and hotness of chiles)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped up
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (Mom used sharp)
- 18 corn tortillas
- Optional: green chile sauce
- Saute the onions in the oil.
- Mix the sauteed onions with the soup, sour cream, chiles, and chicken to make filling.
- Spoon some filling and cheese into a tortilla.
- Roll and put into greased shallow baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Gauge to use up most of the filling and cheese but save some to spoon on top.)
- Top with the remainder of the filling and cheese.
- Optional: Pour some green chile sauce over the top.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees -- till hot and bubbly.
- Serve with pinto beans the way Mom makes them.