Nora Ephron Salad Dressing
Nora Ephron gives this simple recipe in her novel Heartburn.
Easy and good.
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 6 T. olive oil
- Combine mustard and vinegar.
- Slowly pour in oil and wisk till smooth and creamy.
- Shake before using.
Variations (not in Nora Ephron's book):
- It works fine just to put all ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Make a quadruple recipe and store in refrigerator. Keeps well.
- Use less mustard. (I usually use less than 1 tablespoon.)
- Add salt.
- Add garlic granules.
- Add herbs, etc. etc. in addition to or instead of mustard.
Wynette's Home Page