I'm not 100% sure soy milk is a good thing so have been making
homemade nut milk instead. Walnuts grind very finely. Almonds
not quite as finely.
Both make good milk, unstrained, on cereal.
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 4 cups water
- 1 or 2 T honey
(I find it tastes too bland without sweetener)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- If using almonds, soak the almonds in 3 cups of the water
overnight in refrigerator.
(Walnuts don't need to be soaked.)
- Put nuts and all but 1 cup of the water into blender. (I don't
put all the water in because makes blender too full.)
- Add honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend till nuts are finely ground.
- Add rest of the water and mix.
- If using on cereal, don't strain. If you want it perfectly smooth as for
a beverage, strain.
- Store in jar in refrigerator.
- Shake before using. (The nuts WILL settle out.)
- Try other nuts. I did try it with pecans but didn't think that turned
out very well.
- Use other sweeteners besides honey.
- Use less water if you want it richer.
Wynette's Home Page