Peanut Butter Bites
Makes 12 "bites". Nutrition facts below are for 1 of the 12 bites.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 T. maple syrup or honey
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, whatever (It is ok to leave them in fairly large chunks.)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Steps Day 1:
- In small pan, add nut butter, mashed banana, syrup or honey, vanilla.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cook and stir on medium heat until boiling. (It just kind of moves up and down slowly when it is "boiling".)
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats and nuts.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (If mixture isn't cool enough, chocolate will melt. Not the end of the world.)
- Spread on a parchment lined baking pan or cookie sheet and flatten and smooth with your clean hands. Preferably less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Put in freezer.
- After it is frozen, cut or break into about 12 pieces.
- Put in plastic freezer bag and store in freezer
- To serve, eat frozen or thawed. Can thaw for 15 or 20 seconds in microwave and eat with fork. Yum.
Variations (not yet tried, but we intend to!):
- Add raisins or craisins instead of chocolate chips.
- Add more nuts.
- Add more banana.
Wynette's Home Page