Peanut Butter (or Almond Butter) Sauce
This is an asian sauce (Thai?) that's great with stir-fried vegetables and rice
or just about any vegetable or grain dish. We make up a big batch
(as below) and then freeze it in small containers to use as needed.
This makes about 6 cups of sauce.
- 1-1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar (add more if sauce is too thick)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/8 cup honey (or a bit more if want it to be sweeter)
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- 3/8 cup grated/chopped ginger root
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (leaves only, no stems)
- 4 to 8 ounces thawed, drained frozen green chile, more or less depending
on how hot it is and how hot you like it (2 of the 4 oz. packs of
New Mexico Costco green chile, drained, works well for us).
(I've never used fresh chopped green chile or jalepeno
but bet they'd be good.)
- Mix all the above well in a food processor or blender.
(You can let the food processor do the chopping/mincing of the
ginger, garlic, cilantro.)
- If it seems too watery, add a hand full of slivered almonds
or peanuts or other nuts and blend well.
- Use some for dinner and put the rest in small containers
Wynette's Home Page