Roasted Salmon with Crispy Rice
Serves 2. Can easily double recipe if need more.
- 2 pieces salmon (slightly thawed if frozen)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- olive or avocado oil
- 9 oz. cooked brown rice and/or quinoa or one packet of Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice or other such packet. Be sure all water is absorbed into rice/quinoa or that it is well-drained. We want it to be fairly dry.
- 2 T. tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 tsp. hot pepper flakes
- Optional: fresh or dried herbs such as tarragon, thyme, oregano
- Optional: a handful of sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in skillet at medium or medium-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, pepper flakes to hot skillet and cook until transparent.
- Put salmon pieces, skin side down, in roasting pan.
- Put a small amount of the cooked onion/garlic mixture on top of the salmon.
- Stir tomato paste into rest of onion mixture.
- Stir rice/quinoa into onion mixture.
- If mixture seems dry, stir in a little more oil. (Don't add any other liquid.)
- Place rice mixture around the salmon.
- Put salmon and rice mixture in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Cook 5 to 7 more minutes, until salmon is done. (Don't overcook!)
Wynette's Home Page