Spicy Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
Trader Joe's sells this really good pre-made salad called Mega Crunch Salad With a Bite. We really like it and, using their list of ingredients, have been experimenting with making our own dressing. Here's the best we've come up with so far.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 5 tsp honey (a little less than 2 tablespoons)
- 2 T. dried cilantro or 1/2 to 1 ounce fresh de-stemmed cilantro
- 2 or 3 large cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 t. chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- Combine ingredients in a blender, or put in a jar and use a hand blender.
- Blend till well mixed and starts to thicken.
- Adjust to taste. E.g., more chile, more salt, more honey, more anything.
- Shake or stir before using.
- Will keep in refrigerator for a week or more.
Nutrition, per tablespoon:
- Calories 61
- Fat 6.3 g
- Sodium 51 mg
- Potassium 3 mg
- Carbs 1.3 g
Wynette's Home Page