Sweet and Sour Orange
We bought a box of navel oranges at Costco. They were big and juicy but
not real sweet. I doctored one up this way and it turned out good.
Ingredients (for each serving):
- 1 navel orange
- 1 or 2 t. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 t. to 1 t. sugar, depending on how sweet the orange already is
and how sweet you like it
- salt, just a sprinkle
- Peel orange.
- Divide into sections.
- Cut sections into small bite-sized pieces and put in bowl.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with tiny bit of salt.
- Eat with a spoon.
Variations (not yet tried, try at your own risk!):
- Add a tiny pinch of cayenne (why not sweet, sour, salty,
- Add spice such as cinnamon or cardamom.
- Sweeten with fruit juice concentrate instead of sugar.
- Use cider vinegar instead of balsamic.
Wynette's Home Page