This is so good. Makes about 12 servings. It's great left over.
- Grain Part:
- 1-1/2 cup bulghar (dry) (or see quinoa variation below)
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 t. salt
- 3/8 cup lemon or lime juice
- 3/8 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1-1/2 t. dried mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (optional highly recommended)
- Serve with:
- Bring water to a boil and then pour into large bowl.
- Quickly stir in bulghar and salt.
- Cover and let sit for 15 minutes (before stirring in dressing, next step).
- Mix dressing ingredients in a jar. Stir into bulghar.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, preferably longer.
- Just before serving, add the chopped vegetables.
- Serve with the feta cheese.
- Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups water for 15 minutes or till water is absorbed. Use this instead of bulger and water above.
- Add some chickpeas.
- Add some chopped green pepper.
- Add some grated carrot.
- Add some olives.
- Add some basil.
Wynette's Home Page