Veggie Pesto Flatbreads
This was a recipe in one of our GreenChef meal kits. Easy and good. We've modified it some. They are delicious cold the next day.
Makes 4 servings. Store leftovers in frig.
- 2 large naan flatbreads.
- 5 oz. mushrooms (cremini or baby bello or ...)
- 2 oz. artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3 oz. roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 roma tomatoe (or maybe 1-1/2)
- 1 shallot (or 1/2 medium onion if don't have shallot)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 T. nutritional yeast
- 6 T. finely grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 t. garlic granules
- 1 t. dried parsley
- 1 t. dried basil (optional)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tomato into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put sliced tomato in a bowl and drizzle with 1 t. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Evenly coat.
- Slice the mushrooms about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut ends off shallot. Slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat 3 T. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, till lightly browned.
- Add artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and shallot. Add another 1 T. oil. Stir and cook 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Put the nutritional yeast, grated cheese, garlic granules, and dried herbs in a small bowl and stir to mix.
- Place flatbreads on an oiled baking sheet. (Can line with foil.)
- Drizzle each with 1 T. oil and spread evenly.
- Spread each evenly with the yeast/cheese mixture.
- Spread basil pesto evenly over this.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Bake in oven until flatbreads are warmed and lightly toasted (2 or 3 minutes).
- Spread vegetable mixture onto flatbreads.
- Return to oven. Bake 2 or 3 more minutes until flatbreads are golden brown.
- Cut each flatbread in half, to make 4 servings. (Can cut to smaller sizes to make them easier to handle.)
Wynette's Home Page