Mary Reed Brownies
My mom got this recipe from her friend Mary Reed in 1963. They are gooey and good.I've made a few tweaks to the recipe but have included the values from the original recipe.
- 7 T. cocoa (Original recipe: 3-1/2 T; chocolate is good for you!)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar (Original recipe: 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T. flour
- 1 cup nuts (Original recipe: 1/2 cup)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients.
- Put in greased square pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Serve as is. Or you can ice them. Vanilla icing is good on them.