Cabbage and Something
We had a head of fresh cabbage we needed to use up so chopped it and cooked it with some chicken sausage that we had. It was so good and easy we’ve made something similar several times since then. This is the recipe we’ve come up with, but it’s so simple it’s kind of crazy to write it down.
- A head of cabbage (green or purple both work well)
- Meat or meat substitute of some kind. So far we've used chicken sausage (various flavors available from Costco or Trader Joe's) and Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs.
- Good oil such as olive oil
- Garlic seasoning or fresh garlic (optional)
- Yoghurt or sauce of some kind (optional, see a peanut sauce recipe below)
- Saute the meat — bite size pieces.
- Chop the cabbage coarsely (big pieces). Lightly saute in a skillet with the oil till it just starts to brown. Perhaps shake on some garlic seasoning and a little salt.
- Stir together the meat and cabbage.
- Serve with a dollup of yoghurt (optional but very good) or some other sauce to your liking.
Asian Peanut Butter Sauce is good with this recipe.