Southwest Chicken Salad
This recipe came from the UNM employee health newsletter. It’s delicious. Light and filling. Good leftover.
- 12 ounces cooked skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1 15- oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely minced (optional)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. orange juice
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1/2 t. ground red pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- Stir salad ingredients together in large bowl.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.