This is delicious on Mildred's Chocolate Roll.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 T sugar (possibly less but not more unless you like it really sweet)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 T cornstarch
- If you wish to strain the seeds from the raspberries you
can do it now by mashing the raspberries through a fine seive. (You
can do it at the end if you prefer, but I think it's a little
easier to do it before it is cooked.)
- Stir together raspberries and sugar in sauce pan.
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir till smooth then add
to raspberries in pan.
- Cook over medium/low heat, stirring often, til the raspberries have cooked down and the sauce is thickened. This will take 7-10 minutes.
- You can seive out the seeds at this point if you haven't already done so.
It's also fine to leave the seeds in. Of course, the sauce has a very
different consistency with and without seeds.
Wynette's Home Page